So yesterday, Mom and I got a lot accomplished. It was a long day and we were both ready to wrap up at 5 when she had to leave for "Zoo College."
First, I showed her the formatting and wording changes I made to her resume and cover letters. I also turned them into PDFs for her (I need to remember to show her how to do that herself...).
After that, we applied to all the interesting jobs from the newspaper. These were mostly teaching positions. So that got about 4 resumes out. Then we did one application online, making the grand total 5 resumes for the day!
We also added her applicable "keywords" to her profile on the non-profit website profile. These were things like "education," "non-profit," etc. Apparently her counselor at Work for Texas at this mornings meeting changed them for her to make her stand out.
Then we went through some bills, called some companies to understand what was going on with them, and got them paid. It was a good thing we called because we got some fees removed, and avoided late fees with others. We have more to go through today.
Mom wasn't sure if she had gotten her tax return, so we logged into her checking account where we found that she had received her Federal Income Tax Return and her economic stimulus money. The only thing we need to determine the status of is her NJ State Refund.
So far today, mom went to that meeting and met with the counselor. Then we went to the grocery store and made lunch. Since then Mom's been working on transferring all the information we have on her resume to the online applicant system at the office of Health and Human Services.
We have a couple other items on our check list for today. I'll update everyone tomorrow!
June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment