March 30, 2009

This weekend I drove up to Jersey City so that Kris could diagnose the rattling sound the Jetta is making. We didn't do much on Friday night since Kris had to get up early to check out my car. I had my first piece of pizza in 10 weeks though.. mmm delish.

I just chilled out on Saturday while Kris was at work. He called to let me know that the catalytic converter is partially blown out and that it is over $1,000 to replace. Its not hurting anything, so I can keep driving it. He also let me know his parents were going down to Atlantic City and that we could go.

So we showered and got dressed and headed to Toms River. We piled in Kris's parents car with them and their friends for the ride down.

We went to the Taj Mahal and played the slot machines for a bit and had dinner at the Hard Rock cafe. After that we had a few drinks and met up with a few of Kris's friends. We went to Harrah's Pool Bar. Basically they close out the whole indoor pool area and turn it into a club. Not only was it an insane $20 to get in, but it was hot and humid. We had a decent time though dancing and trying not to fall into the pool in our clothes haha.

We got a ride home from the friends and we actually got back before Kris's parents!!

Sunday was relaxing, until I had to drive home through tornado conditions. It sunny and got extremely dark in a matter of seconds. You could see it getting darker. Then all the sudden it absolutely poured. It only lasted about 10 or 15 minutes. Apparently some places were hit pretty hard and tornados and hail hit. I didn't even realize that the weather was supposed to be so bad!

Now I'm back to a crazy work week. I hardly got up from my desk today :(

No comments: