September 7, 2008

So this weekend Armstrong and other businesses in Lancaster participated in the United Way's Day of Caring. Maybe you can explain why I decided to sign up after hearing the description. Basically you donate your time to local charities and organizations. Our team was assigned to weed/clean up a children's garden.

It was raining Saturday morning and we met for breakfast at 7am. I opted for the inside work of cleaning windows while the other 30 people from our team worked outside in the rain. I couldn't even believe it! Everyone was completely soaked, muddy, sweaty... and I couldn't even make it inside. I faked a stomach ache around 10 just to get to leave. Bleah I'm not doing it next year, that's for sure. I really earned my "princess" nickname. Don't look for me in the pic below, I'm not in it... but there's an idea of the hell on earth that occurred.

Kris came this weekend. We talked on his birthday and decided to hang out again. He even volunteered with my on Saturday morning by digging poles out of 3 feet of concrete.

We hung out with Brent on Saturday night and went shopping and watched football. It was pretty nice.



1 comment:

Kate said...

haha you are a princess. we're going hiking when i get back, and i'm going to get you muddy.

and can i say that while this whole post is "typical" julie...i love that you watched football like it was no biggie.